Supporting sick kids on the Sunshine Coast
This year 92.7 Mix FM’s Give Me 5 will be bigger than ever, following the cancellation of the annual appeal last year due to the pandemic.
The month long festival of fundraising raises money for children’s health services on the Sunshine Coast, so far raising $5.5 million for our youngest patients at local public hospitals.
The year’s wish list includes vital equipment to enhance services for newborns and pregnant mothers, as well as distractive resources and an interactive play area for children undergoing day surgery – see complete wish list below.
The appeal has always provided the extras that simply would not be available to our families if it weren’t for the generosity of the Sunshine Coast community.
Every year all proceeds raised are directed towards the needs of our local children’s ward, paediatric critical care unit, emergency and outpatients departments and more to purchase new equipment, educate our health staff and provide services that otherwise wouldn’t be available to families without Give Me 5. All donations have made a child’s hospital stay a little bit brighter.
Tune into 92.7 MIX FM this month to hear all the updates and latest GM5 news
2021 92.7 MIX FM’s Give Me 5 Wish List
- Parental Support and Youth Advisory Group program to support young adults and provide a circle-of-care for mental health patients. The program has the potential to work in collaboration with Wishlist Centre. Total project cost – $218,000
- Interactive Play Area in the Extended Day Surgery Unit to enhance the care and decrease anxiety of children undergoing surgery. Total project cost $20,000
- Giraffe Star Neonatal Resuscitation System which combines all crucial features to resuscitate infants in an emergency situation. Cost: $31,087
- Distractive therapy resources across local emergency departments to ensure a child-friendly setting like virtual reality tools like the Smileyscope. Cost: $35,000
- Portable Ultrasound for Maternity Outreach Services which will alleviate the need for women in regional areas to visit a hospital for concerns about their baby’s movement, or heartbeat. Cost: $28,658
- Radiometer Arterial Blood Gas Analyser Flex 90 Plus to improve the accuracy of blood analysis for at-risk newborns requiring blood glucose screening. Cost: $7,500
- Plus ongoing funding for the local Clown Doctors service, Calm Fairy and Delta therapy dog program.
- Wishlist Centre accommodation facility for patients and their families needing ongoing treatment.
Every cent counts. All donations $2 and over are tax deductible.